Sunset, Moonrise
[html]

I Speak this, I

dream this, and I 'think'

this.

You "said this"

ic
The sun had gone down. Only a faint red glow was left peeking over the tree tops. Anderung flattened her ears. She wasn’t used to not being told what to do. But then again, she had been making all of her own choices when she had run away from her birth pack. Of course, in the time she was a rogue she had been in what felt like a dream, not knowing night from day, reality from her imagination, everything had been a big blur until she had awoken to find these strange lands.

Meer nodded slowly at Phoenix, but said nothing. She opened her mouth once as if to speak, but nothing came out as Anderung realized she didn’t have a way to respond to that. The female licked her lips.

Her ears pricked as he spoke. ”Myself, Sir?” Anderung cocked her head slightly. She paused, thinking. Was anything interesting about her? Anderung felt something dark down in her gut. It had been there since just after her mother died, and it had only grown. She was still thinking when he popped the next question and her eyes were distant as she answered almost automatically. ”I don’t really have any hobbies. My brother told me that I was a pretty good tracker, and now that I think about it my pack always did rely on me to find food during pack hunts. Deirdre has been a friend to me, as has Pilot. I really haven’t met anyone else yet, Sir.” Meer shuffled her feet. Should she tell him? Somehow, it felt right to tell her alpha, after she had kept it inside for so long.

Anderung raised her violet eyes and looked at the mocha male. ”Sir, once I remember being taught that the best way to defeat demons was the face them. I feel like I must face one of mine now. It has been bottled up inside of me for a long time now and it has only grown into this dark feeling down in my stomach. As I have already told you, my parents were a hunting pair in my old pack. Well, one day my mother was killed by an elk. My father was seriously affected by it, and he began abusing me. At first he would just bite or strike me, and he would yell about how useless and stupid and ugly I was. And then he-“

She choked up, a few tears running from her eyes. She regained her breath before continuing, trying to keep her voice from cracking. ”I couldn’t tell anybody, not my alpha, not my ‘friends’, my father was really popular in my pack. I feared that they would believe him and not me, and he had treated to kill me if I breathed a word about it anyway. Well, one day I couldn’t take it anymore, and I bite back. I ran away from my old pack, and that’s how I ended up here. I’m sorry to trouble you with this, but, I just had to let someone know. I’m tired of feeling like nobody cares about me, and maybe they don’t, but thank-you for listening. That’s really all I have ever wanted.” Anderung sat down. The she-wolf had stopped crying, but her face still had dark tear marks. She sniffed and lowered her gaze.

"It is official. Anderung IS me. >_> Sorry this went on a bit long."

[/html]

Messages In This Thread