Well, here I am!
[html]
http://i950.photobucket.com/albums/ad34 ... bott0m.png); background-repeat:no-repeat; padding-bottom:240px; background-position:bottom center; background-color:#252237">
No worries, you're doing fine, I've got two other threads and loads of homework. I'm in college too XD

Jantus tilted his head at her blanket statement, before closing his eye and nodding somberly. He was rarely in the mood for sage wisdom or sullen talk, but what she said was true. She struck him as a fighter of some type; he'd certainly met enough to know. He could, of course, be wrong. He didn't have a head for reading people like Skoll or Samson did: he couldn't always find the posers, he usually needed to guess based on the truth of their words and their age. He hadn't been talking to her for very long, so he didn't have much to go on, but she seemed genuine to him.

"Me, join a pack?" he scoffed. "I'd better not, I'm in charge of one back home. Four dozen wolves of the type I definitely wouldn't want to make angry!" he smiled and laughed at this, hoping to lighten the mood a little. She seemed a very serious sort, he wasn't sure she'd be the best of traveling companions, but someone was better than no one, and it was far too early to decide she didn't like to have fun. Though for certain he'd met some wolves that didn't...hell, he lived with some wolves that didn't. Because of this attitude, he was pleased when she decided to join him.

"Well," he continued, after several moments of silence, expecting maybe an introduction or a little more conversation on her end, and eventually deciding he would have to prompt her first to get anything out of her. "Size isn't everything, but it definitely helps. I've found it plenty useful in all of my fights so far!" He shrugged his oversized shoulders, a gesture he'd learned from someone in Snow-Capped Pine long before he'd become the pack's alpha. "Besides, I always thought that size was the biggest element of a fight. Experience helps, and skill does too, but those help offset a disadvantage in strength. I've been lucky to have the strength advantage in most of my fights, but I'm not stupid enough to leave a weapon at home without need." He looked around at the foggy fields and the growing glow as the sun climbed above the horizon. He'd never seen a place quite like this before. He liked it for its novelty, though the valley of his home was more beautiful.

"My name's Jantus, and I'm the alpha of the Snow-Capped Pine pack. Don't let that fool you, though, I'm pretty easy-going, if you haven't guessed already." His face split into a smile again. He did a lot of that, especially around new people who he didn't perceive as a threat. Indeed, he would be surprised if he knew just how dangerous Cwmfen could be, but for now he saw a much slighter, much shorter female with creepy eyes and funny paint on her body, unarmed and alone. That alone made him friendly, and he was glad of her company for the present.
[/html]

Messages In This Thread