All Along the Watchtower (Joining)
Hendrix wasn't sure what to say now. One minute she was looking at him as though she had seen a ghost, and the next minute she had launched herself at him. His arms closed around her reflexively, but he held on to her loosely. His big hands rested almost awkwardly on her shoulders. It was indeed Geneva Stockholm, the woman he remembered but had not seen for nearly a year and a half at this point. She had aged and grown, but there was no mistaking her identity. Before their absence from each other's lives, Hendrix had known her as long as any other member of her family.

Just as soon as she had come toward him, she had backed up to stare. Geneva had always been small, and he had always been larger than her. Despite all the time that had passed, he was reminded of old times. She was still as small and he remembered, and at the moment now she looked fragile to him. He did not want to disappoint her, but he had to tell her the truth. "I was looking for you, but I spent several weeks searching. I could not find you, or my brothers. I came across Ariana," he confided, smiling. "You are an aunt now, Gennie." He hoped that this happy news would take the deer-in-the-head-lights look off her face.

Following his train of thought, he looked at Geneva once more with a new light in his eyes. The shock faded from his face and was replaced with a broad smile. He looked around behind her shoulders, as if expecting to see others coming up behind her. "Speaking of aunts...I'm an uncle now, aren't I? Where are my nieces and nephews?" He wanted so badly to see them. "Where is Jordan? Why are you out here alone?"

Messages In This Thread