So why don't you sing to me
[html]

PM'ing you...

The large stallion moved smoothly, long legs moving with a steady pace that made their ride effortless. Heath knew he had picked well, first with the horse’s demeanor and second the moment he had tried to ride him. He was easier to ride then the roan mare, though never as fast. The pace was quick at first, but lagged the moment Stark hit the sandy beach. The salt was think in the air, and the ground uneven and too soft to gallop upon. Heath steered him to the water’s side where the call of the tide spoke to their ears. The tides seemed to be changing, not low and yet not at its high peak. It was a moment he enjoyed, the feel of her against him. His arm did not weaken its hold on her as they slowed, letting the impulse stick and enjoying the feel of her against him.

He felt the deep breath that she took, his hand moving with her but he did not expect her to turn her face upwards towards his own. Her tone worried him, so uneasy and almost confused. Stuck by her words he could only sit in silence, eyes on her silver face as she spoke. When she said the word his heart paused, his chest clenched and as he forgot to breathe he could feel the growing pain in his abdomen. It were the words that she spoke after saying that she loved him that caused the most pain. He forgot to breath and unknowingly forgot to think. His mind was blank. His paw faltered on her stomach, and yet he held her still in case she would fall. Stark grew unsettled as he grew tense above, feeling the unease his trainer presented. Still the good horse moved along the beach.

The coy-wolf knew not what to say, for he loved her and yet it was his nature to shy away from such a feeling. Yet he had embraced her, fought the urge to be something that he thought he should be and became the polite and well-mannered wolf that she deserved. He loved her, and yet the words did not come to his voice. Instead he thought of Jac, the jealousy he had towards the arrogant canine boiled within. “I don’t want to compete with him.” He admitted, defeat in his voice. He felt he had already lost. It shouldn’t have been the first thing to come out of his mouth, he should had said it back, he should have told her how he felt, but what if it was the same, or different in a lesser way? What if she loved a King more, he felt his features harden, growing protective of the heart he wanted to give her and had been so whiling just a moment ago.

“I,” His voice faltered again, the voice and face of their King confirming for confidently that she did love him. He had wanted to hit him then, to share the pain of such a blow. “want you to be happy Ruri.” If It meant loving him and letting him love her and yet not allowing their King to know of it, then Heath would do that. He couldn’t admit that he loved her, he was sure he did. And yet, never had he known it before. I want to make you happy.” because I love you. More then he ever will.

500+

[/html]

Messages In This Thread