dark coagulum
[html]
The feeling one acquired when bantering lightheartedly with a stranger after weeks of traveling through the dark doldrums of one's mind, and having no company but the stark solitude of wilderness was, well... gratifying. She felt joy even as the frightful, calculating monogaze no doubt subtracted, added up, multiplied, and divided the complicated sum before its gleaming golden machinery.

"Oh my stars, I must be mistaken. How could I be so blind?" Her girlish chortles died down as the beast suddenly moved closer. All of a sudden the Secui was in brilliant detail. In response the cowardly sun disappeared beneath the clouds- overcast dreariness took over the landscape and the women as if to say Welcome to the Dark Side, little girly. Pale eyes widened briefly at the display. This creature was truly like no other she'd ever met, and the privilege of it... trailed her awed thoughts. Bramble's fluttering heart grew strong once more as a new dose of confidence surged through resilient veins and circulated the pattering red organ.

Between the long pause the girl leaned in close so that she could have collapsed, the necklace falling from the furred corridors of her chest and hanging, tinkering gently as it swayed like an oceanic pendulum. Kaena's words caused her to sit up straight again, and a bit of a worried look took over her unmarred (as of yet) features. This time her voice did not bubble, "Actually, while we're putting it all on the plate here, I must admit I've never fought a wolf. I'm just..." Her brow curved down and a snarl edged along the precipice of black lips and jagged tooth, "...so angry at what they've done. To me, my family, to other coyotes I've talked to." Deep down in her heart, having not realized it yet, she knew coyotes and wolves were natural enemies by the insurmountable laws of Mother Nature. One could not accompany a separate species for long without realizing they were stealing your land... your food... your lovers from right beneath your paws.

The folds of spite in Bram's face were ironed out by a deep sigh. She looked up to the living, breathing art form with beseechingly wide pupils and continued dramatically, "I just want to help in any way I can. I'll learn to slaughter beyond means of a lone hunter, but in the mean time I can fulfill other work: guard, hunt, care for Inferni's injured, and other such duties." It sounded like the coyote had planned the joining aspects out long before now, and maybe she had.

There was just one question left burning in her mind, Um, exactly how many coyotes are there? Inferni's border scents did not give her much of an idea to the answer. Perhaps there was a large army hiding somewhere beyond the reaches... Certainly Inferni would need a massive unit to protect themselves from the likes of so many wolves. Bram had sensed countless numbers of the enemy on her way here, but it did not dampen her spirits. Despite all of this mind-wandering dribble coming from her brain she had to save the question for later. There were more pressing issues at hand here, like getting in to the clan (which Bram craved like the social addict species she was).
[/html]

Messages In This Thread