a very merry unbirthday to all [p]
[html]
new new ares av! he is such a srsface. 516 words

The thought that Princess might think he was angry didn't even cross his mind. Ares hated when they fought, and this time it was his fault - he pushed too hard, and he knew it. He just hoped that she would be able to understand where he was trying to come from, that the ultimate reason he punched Haven was because he cared for her, because he wanted to protect her from things that might hurt her. He still didn't like Haven, but if Princess was so set on being with him it wasn't like he had much of a choice. She had inherited more of her mother's willfulness than Ares had; he would wilt in the face of stubborn opposition more quickly.

He took the book when his sister offered it. It was called Universe, the Gods, and Men. Ares hadn't read it before, and wondered if any of the stories about his namesake would be new. Probably not, but there might be new stories about the other gods, or different angles on some of the familiar stories. It was still pretty cool to have another book to read; his one book on gods would now have a companion on his lonely little bookshelf in the corner. "Thanks, this looks awesome!" Excited, but still holding an edge of restraint, uncertain to how mad Princess still was. She was giving him a present, which was a hopeful sign, but still, Ares didn't know for sure..

"Yeah, come in, sit down." His golden gaze swung round to his nest of blankets. Walking across his room, he set the book carefully down next to his original one, and pulled the wooden box out from under his arm. "Happy birthday to you, too." Unlike his sister, he didn't explain what it was, he would let her open the wooden box first and then he would elaborate on what he thought the various functions of the trinkets were. "Can you believe we're already a year?" Ares mused additionally. It stilled seemed so damn unreal, when had they gotten so old, they were just kids. It felt wrong for Princess to be out having.. sex.. with this Haven, but they were sort of almost real adults! It was such a weird thought.

She apologized for calling him.. That name, that he used to have. Ares' instinct was to reassure her, tell her it was okay, but the truth was.. it sort of wasn't. So he was glad that she understood that. He had tried not to take it too personally, tried to pretend it was just a slip of her tongue based on habit, but it still had hurt. "I forgive you for that." He said quietly. "I'm.. I'm sorry for punching Haven. Well, sort of. I'm mostly sorry that that hurt you, not that it hurt him." Ares was at least honest in his apology. He was sorry for other things, too, but she had come here to speak to him, and he wanted to wait to see her reaction to the present first, too, before they dove into more serious matters.
[/html]

Messages In This Thread