scavenge what you will [p]
[html]

WC: 500+
Yes indeedy! By day, I am a highschooler, by night a deadly ninja. I might be lurking in your house right now… You never know. Big Grin

The she-wolf relaxed a little more amongst the rubble. So it wasn’t just her. Others had found this place unnatural once, and had become accustomed to it. Finn knew she could do the same. If anything, she was a resourceful and flexible young wolf, able to bend and change depending on which way the wind blew her. She’d been able to tolerate her own family, after all, which had been a balancing act worthy of a standing ovation. A young Finn had quickly learned to gauge and act upon her brothers’ and father’s moods. And they had been as changing and tempestuous as the sea.

”Looking at it, it just seems so alien.” Finn stated, gesturing with her head towards the ruins of a car. To her, it looked like a pile of junk. To the humans, it must have been something else entirely. She couldn’t for the life of her imagine what, though. The tall buildings that had once stood proudly along a boulevard were now slumped shapes on the horizon, sad and useless. The street lamps were bent crooked by wind and rain and wear, and the glass from the light bulbs had long since disintegrated. The harbor, distantly visible from where Finn stood, was cold and grey looking, but very still and calm.

”Yes, well, sort of. I’m tired of aimless wandering, and you had me at the word misfit. And King. I’ve been told stories about Kings, and it would amuse me greatly to be the vassal of one. I just hope I have enough knowledge to be put to good use. All I know is how to fight and tell stories and treat wounds. But paws are rather outdated now, aren’t they? Hands would be much easier.” Finn’s gaze glanced to Vigilante’s thumbs, covetous and at the same time self-mocking. Her single ear flickered again at the other wolf’s words.

”I understand what you mean,” She sighed, looking back out toward the bay, ”My family wasn’t so great either. It’s probably a blessing that I left early.” Finn smiled, no small amount of bitterness in the expression, the dredged up memories raising all their ugly little heads. Not for the first time that day, she wondered what had become of Brom, Aegnus and Cuhlain. Had they survived the last winter, despite all the promised harshness? Did she even care? Perhaps about Brom, but Finn’s other brother and father were spared such concern.

”I think I’d fit in,” She said, breaking the silence, ”A misfit such as myself would not stand out too much amongst other misfits. And it would be a nice change to not stand out. I tend to get lot’s of double takes, and I don’t think it’s due to my astounding beauty.” Finn concluded dryly. She’d long accepted the fact that she was not much of a looker. Time and fighting had made sure of that. Finn just hoped that she’d stick around long enough to get to know someone who didn’t really care about looks. It was cliche and sounded a little ridiculous, but she had a great personality.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread