spend all my time amongst the animals
Lame post is lame. D:
[html]
Inferni had seemed to be for the most part a convivial place, if only in unconventional ways. When common activities fell along the lines of finding skulls and putting them up on pikes and making sure the wolves didn’t come knocking at their door, they were very much like nothing he had ever been involved with before. But Kaena’s words were a little bit reassuring to him, as was the fact that he understood that he was very much apart of them now, according to her. He knew that she accepted him, Mason accepted him, and for the most part he felt like Anselm had too. Gabriel’s opinion fell in there somewhere, but much more along the wayside because his recollection of the doggish-looking hybrid was fuzzy and he hadn’t encountered him since.

Regardless of that factor, old habits would be the hardest to break. He supposed that once he figured out what exactly his little niche was, or something he could do at least moderately well, then things would be better. And Kaena was right — being there was better. He shrugged at the notion that maybe there would be less to worry about; time would have to tell. “I just hope that I can find some way to be helpful,” he said after a slight pause, setting his gaze on the ground between them. “I really don’t have any skills. I mean, I can fend for myself and everything pretty well, but I’ve never really found myself anywhere that I could be useful,” or anywhere that he wasn’t told to stay out of the way, for that matter. But he figured that much was probably obvious.
[/html]

Messages In This Thread