the ocean breathes salty
[html]

Ari's blue eyes lifted to the other wolf as he thought and spoke about this place called Italy, and his gaze eventually ventured before him — and far out to sea. His eyes flickered as he took a mental journey, flying over mile after mile of endless sea before coming upon an entirely new world. He had scarcely known of the sea, apart from the river that fed the marsh led to it, let alone lands on the other side of it. It made the world that he had grown up with seem very small. Still, it just fed his interest. I would like to travel, when I'm older, he said distantly, a small smile creeping onto his face. He felt as if he could confide in this stranger — the other had already confided in him about the ship and Italy. I barely knew there were other place outside where I grew up. I would see ships, though. They would sail down the river that fed the marsh, toward the sea. I always wondered where they were going, but no one told me. He thought and laughed, a rare occurrence. Maybe some were going to Italy.

He smiled and looked to the other youth, then at the clouds that were amassing beyond him. He stood up, first really noticing how nasty the weather was getting. Rain was just beginning to fall, and the waves were becoming more vicious. We should leave before the storm comes in, he stated, and took a few strides away from the coastline. He looked behind him, waiting for his new companion. He wondered briefly who he was before asking, Who are you? I'm Ari. Best to at least know who his companion was.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread