your paper heart stopped beating
[html]

WC: 300+
No worries! Smile

”I might just do that!” Finn called back, her accent receding as she calmed down a little. It didn’t mean she was any less angry, it just meant she was a little less foolhardy. Finn had gotten her scars by being foolhardy, but she had survived those scars by being smart. She glared at the wolf on the balcony, before flicking her eyes towards the decrepit stairs. She would be put on the defensive if she went up there; Finn wasn’t meant for fighting in small spaces if she went up there, and this intruder was. Another rock sailed through the air at her, tumbling like a miniature comet.

Finn stared the wolf down as it flew at her, stepping smartly aside at the last moment. The rock made a huge dent in the car, but the wolf was unscathed, and she threw an impudent, macabre grin up at the youth. ”Then again, I can see your big, ugly face from here, and that’s as close as I’ll ever want to be.” She felt the anger slip away a little more, leaving her simply in contempt and derision of the troublemaker. Finn had met others like him, greenhorns with something to prove. He barely had any scars on him at all.

She sat, yawning widely. This was the customary way to weed out the newbies. Whilst Finn’s temper had all but waned by this point, as the surprise ebbed away, her new “friend” still looked quite angry. She caught his disgusted look and arched an eyebrow. ”So, what’s your problem, then? Lookin’ all abhorrent like that. Is it me? Am I frightening you” She said, mock pity coloring her voice. She had forgotten how much fun it was to taunt these types! No doubt, Finn could run faster than him, and probably maneuver better through the ruins of Halifax as well, so she felt no real danger.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread