Call The Porter, There's Too Much Baggage
[html]

WC: 300+
Firefox corrects some of mine, but still some stuff get's through. Hah, I just thought of something. Once Finn's joined Cour des Miracles, can Alastair be her steed? XD

She started, looking up and meeting the wolf’s eyes for the first time. ”You’re the king?” She said, ”I’ve heard of you!” Despite the horrible weather, the thunder and the dismal looking clouds, Finn smiled. She’d heard from Vigilante that Cour des Miracles was ruled by a king. She hadn’t expected to meet him right away, though. She also hadn’t expected him to be so good looking. He wasn’t quite a wolf, now that she looked at him more closely. He had more of the appearance of a dog, though she didn’t know the name of the breed.

She looked over at the baby horse again, examining it, committing the form to memory. She had heard of them, now that the king mentioned that name. Her father had told her of horses, but she’d always imagined them to look more like goats than this one did. Alastair looked a little unnerved that the small horse was clinging to him so, but Alastair was always a little weirded out by creatures who weren’t wolves. The fact that he hadn’t tried to kick at her or run away spoke volumes about his patience. She flashed him a meaningful look, trying to encourage his forbearance further. It would not do for her companion to injure one of the king’s property. Then Finn really would be in trouble.

At the moment, though, the king seemed quite benevolent. Finn shivered again, looking out towards the trembling lights of the building the horse had come from. ”I hope this isn’t too much to ask, but may I come out of the rain? She felt the vaguely familiar feeling of a chill in her lungs, and strongly hoped she wasn’t catching cold. The last thing she needed, on top of everything else, was sickness. Those thoughts ebbed forward into her mind again, despite all efforts to stave them off. Finn shook more violently, hating how pathetic she must have looked.

She straightened, trying to put some steel in her backbone. She wanted to join this place, she wanted to belong. Finn didn’t have time to quiver like a pup in the middle of snowstorm. Still the thoughts nagged and nipped and lingered. It was like fighting a hydra. With every feeling that raised it’s ugly head, and was subsequently cut down, three more grew in it’s place. The tide was rising, and she was trying her best to swim, but Finn had never done well with deep water. She cast her eyes towards His Highness once more, sincerely hoping he’d throw her a lifeline in this storm.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread