Change comes slowly
[html]

ooc-ness

Xeris noticed that he seemed rather wary of her presence. She didn't know why; she felt that she was one of the least intimidating wolves in Phoenix Valley. Perhaps he was just nervous as she had been when she first set out on her own. She realized that she'd forgotten to introduce herself. "I'm sorry, I haven't told you my name. It's Xeris." The wolfess offered him a smile, hoping to make him feel more comfortable.

He also seemed perturbed by her treatment of the mouse; again, Xeris wasn't sure why this was. She was just playing a game of chase with it, and she didn't hurt it at all. But she supposed that different individuals had different views on that sort of thing, and resolved to avoid playing games with rodents while she was around this strange dark-furred wolf.

He asked about the Luperci virus. It was at this point that Xeris knew her new acquaintance was not a Luperci like she was. She bit her lip. The white wolfess knew quite a bit about the transfer of the Luperci virus, but it was a difficult subject for her to discuss... "It is like a virus, yes," she began slowly. "I was born a regular wolf as well. The Luperci traits are most often transferred through...well, exchange of bodily fluids, to be blunt. But I obtained it from a fight, back when I was younger. My family and my pack were all regular wolves, you see, and Luperci were looked down upon for accepting human customs and leaving their wolf heritage behind. So that's why I was sent away, and now I'm here." Xeris exhaled slowly. She never enjoyed speaking of her family or her past, but at this time she felt it was necessary.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread