everything looks different from far away
[html]

WC: 400+
It’s so easy to lay the tracks for the future plot!

”I’m sure I will.” Finn said, smiling. ”I’ve heard there’s a pack to the south that takes in misfits of any kind. I might head that way and try my luck. Cour des Miracles I think it was called.” A pack of misfits was a highly appealing idea to Finn. Amongst misfits her scars would not stand out so readily, and she might have a little peace. Perhaps even Alastair would fit in there, as he was the king of misfits! The deer had drawn level with Finn, and was watching Sofia with muted curiosity.

”Aye, he has a name. This is Alastair, probably the stupidest deer you’ll ever meet.” Finn said, clicking her teeth at the deer jokingly. ”Actually, he’s quite smart, but also really crazy. Thinks he’s a wolf, or something. I can’t actually talk to him, but he gets the gist of what I’m saying.” Alastair had followed her for seasons, right after she had fought and killed the Alpha of a prairie pack. Battered and exhausted, Finn had fallen asleep in a small divot on the plains, and awoken to the big deer hovering over her. She hadn’t had the strength to try and attack, so they simply sat there. After that, he had tagged along, dogging her steps like a wolf pup after his mother. He was far too big for Finn to take on anyways.

Finn looked back at Sofia, who had a hungry look in her eye. ”Are you all right?” She asked, eyes showing concern, ”You look like you haven’t eaten in a while.” She took a hesitant step forward, not wanting to invade the other wolf’s personal space. ”Though I can’t offer you Alastair as a meal, maybe we might have luck catching something if we hunt together.” Finn was the best hunter at night, when the darkness blended with her pelt to create superb camouflage. But here, in the damp and rain and mist, she would also fit quite well.

The gray she-wolf hated to see another in distress, especially one so mild-mannered and polite as Sofia. Though she loved to fight, Finn could also appreciate good manners. She never expected any directed towards herself, so whenever someone acted civil she took an immediate liking to them. That was Finn in a nutshell, happy to fight if invited, polite if not, and always happy to see someone who wasn’t trying to kill her. She pressed her single ear forward, watching Sofia with jovial, patient eyes.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread