the simplest way to fall apart
[html]
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v515/ ... itaban.jpg); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">

If this isn't niece-aunt bonding time I'm not quite sure what is! XD Wc: 600+

It was a relief to Ghita that the cocoa-stained pup seemed to be more mature than her sister. At least, she knew when a subject held the possibility of sensitivity. The silence worried her, however, and she gave in to waiting for the next question. As the moments took by, Ghita was led into her own thoughts, the silent, dangerous cave that held nooks and crannies none should explore. Question of the day? Provided by her niece, however unintentionally. Everything that she had started with was in Italy. Her family, her traditions, her language. Why hadn't she returned back there, to safety, once her life fell apart?

Probably her father held the key. The unfeeling brute of a male who could be called a father still lived there, still thrived on her old pack and the females there, no doubt. There was no question about it - there was nothing that could resemble any civility that could be learned from their father. At least in Ghita's opinion. But it was her home - and it seemed to become more beautiful and desirable by the day. It was her home language, that was true. There she wasn't confined to the common words she had picked up from conversations. Ghita was more powerful in Italian, and possibly in Italy as well.

There was the issue of the sea, however. That much was true. The journey was long enough coming - it would be even longer going back, she knew. If she could even find someone who owned a boat who was willing to return her. And the chances of that were slim to none in any case. To swim it was nigh impossible, a death wish if nothing else. Without knowing it, she took comfort in the fact that there was a sea between Ghita and her father, and, at the same time, a sea keeping her siblings knotted together.

Of all the things Ghita wished she could bite back, turn around and pin to the ground, this was the one most prevalent in her mind. For a long time after, the image of her quaking niece would send nausea throughout the older fae's body. Using whatever instinct survived from her lost litter, she comforted the child, hoping and praying that it would be enough to stem the tears, and make this meeting all the better. Maybe, she could repair it so Cambria wouldn't think of her aunt as a bad person when all was said and done? Would that be too much to hope for?

Listening to the child's fears with a heart growing heavier by the minute, she kept up her assault of comfort, tasting the fear streaming off of the brown-hued femme. Soul breaking as the minutes ticked by, Ghita tried bending down, her face meeting Cambria's and wiping away the tears that found themselves leaving the beautiful optics. "Caro, I know it won't happen again. Do you want to know why I'm so sure?" Ghita gave her niece a moment to recover, while lying down awkwardly around the pup. "Because your mother, your uncle, and I are here. We won't let it happen. But that's not the only reason. The other reason is that you are a Marino, and Marinos are some of the strongest wolves I know. Look at what your mother has accomplished!"

Now she was just running off of the first idea that sprang into her mind. Ghita really had no clue whether being connected back to Italy would comfort the child or not, all she could do was hope that this mixed with the physical contact would help in some way. "Marinos are from Italy, and you have their blood in you. We're all together - we're all on your side and will help you no matter what. Can you promise me you'll remember that when you feel scared again?"

[/html]

Messages In This Thread