the simplest way to fall apart
[html]

haha, no joke! this'll be good for both of them :3 500+

The girl let her aunt comfort her in whatever ways that she was. She let her wipe away the tears, even though they were quickly replaced by new ones. It was all too much for someone as young as she was to deal with. She didn't understand what had happened to her, not really, but she was too afraid to ask. For once, she didn't know if learning about it would make things better. There was a strong possibility it could make them worse. Cambria didn't want to be curious about the horrible white powder. She didn't want to know what it was or what it had done to her. She didn't want to talk about it. She didn't want people knowing about it. The girl worried that others would judge her for it even though it hadn't been her fault. Even though she hadn't wanted it. So when it was mentioned it brought on a massive anxiety attack, which was what she and her aunt were having to deal with now.

As Ghita spoke those watery eyes looked up to her. She was sure it wouldn't happen again? That did some to qualm her fears and when she asked if she wanted to know why the pup nodded her head. "Yes, I wants to knows," she said in a very small, quiet voice. Her aunt laid down around her and Cambria pressed herself against her soft and warm fur. She took a long, shuddering deep breath and with that breath came the scent of her family. There was a note that she smelled from her momma and Amata and Gotham and Uncle Ehno. They all had it, and it must be because they were family. The words were comforting. She was glad to hear that none of them would let that happen to her again. But when there was more to the reason her ears perked up slightly. Because she was a Marino? And that meant she was strong? Cambria certainly didn't feel strong. She was shy and scared most of the time. But when she was asked to think of all her mother had accomplished she couldn't help but feel pride that her momma was so smart and strong. She lead the pack and she was strong and brave. Maybe there was some of that in her too, hidden deep inside.

The pup snuggled tightly against her aunt as she looked up into her kind face. Her little nose sniffled, but the tears were disappearing and the tightness in her chest was ebbing away. "Yahs?" She had never thought her family wasn't on her side (thankfully she was ignorant of her uncle's current situation) but to have it reassured gave her more confidence in that fact. Yes, they would be there for her and they would protect her. "I'll twies...bu' is hard sometimes..." Her gaze dropped down to the ground for a minute, contemplating things. "You weally think I could be strongs too? I dun feel strongs..." She never really had, even before this all had happened.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread