the future is getting away from me
[html]
http://i275.photobucket.com/albums/jj32 ... he/st2.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom; padding-bottom: 160px; text-align: justify;">

His hunch paid off—though he could see only a small resemblance between the woman who had accepted him and this hybrid, he was indeed Gabriel. Immediately Snake dipped his head respectfully, even though he didn’t feel that the situation absolutely required it. It was a habit. Still, it was strange—Snake had been hearing that Inferni was the great coyote clan of the ‘Souls area, and yet it seemed that the leadership was comprised of those that didn’t really resemble coyotes much at all. The boy didn’t really care, but it piqued his curiosity. Looking (indirectly) at Gabriel, he would have guessed him a wolf or a dog before he guessed coyote.

There were vague hints of life about in the milieu of the forest—the sandy-furred coyote could sense birds singing and flying about, as well as the general hubbub of the rodents and even some insects in the undergrowth. He didn’t focus on any of this, though; his attention was on two things—the Aquila and his food, which was unfinished and still had Snake’s stomach churning in a desiring fashion. He put aside hunger for a moment, however, and responded to the leader’s question. “My name is Snake,” he responded earnestly. Snake had long since decided that he did not require a surname, nor did he deserve one. If he ever adopted a name to compliment what he was called initially, it would be one born of his own mind and not of a parent’s name. Unfortunately, this would not help Gabriel in his search for figuring out who this coyote was. Snake had no idea that he rang familiar with Gabriel, or anyone else that he might come across here. So far, no one had found his uncanny resemblance to his father. That didn’t seem like it would last much longer, though.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread