one broken cog to ravage the machine.
[html]
http://i950.photobucket.com/albums/ad34 ... ce_top.png); background-repeat:no-repeat; padding-bottom:135px; background-position:bottom center; background-color:#CDCEC8; text-align:justify; font-family:times; font-size:12px; line-height:13px; color:#9C1900;">
      Though both Gabriel and Kaena excelled at securing their own border, Anselm wasn't entirely sure how many of the other coyotes bothered to scout out any of the other surrounding packs. Although some assistance may have been nice, he largely viewed this as a good thing--acting as a spy required a certain level of finesse he just couldn't give some of them credit for. Folks like Hybrid or Samael were more likely to go berserk and attack than talk their way out of a situation, which could lead to obvious problems. The tattooed hybrid had agreed to mentor another wolf look-a-like once upon a time--Kaena's grandson, Jael--though it seemed as if his would-be apprentice had faded into the background and drifted elsewhere. "Might be nice to have another set of eyes and ears beyond our border," he mused in agreement with her plan, "especially for those with a mind for staying out of direct trouble." He didn't think she'd even suggest a loose-cannon of a partner to him, but it seemed like a sound idea to voice any potential concerns aloud.

Her next sentences affected him far greater than most arguments others had presented to him in the past. They often appeared to understand one another on a fundamental level, and though they'd hardly spent much time in one another's company, she seemed to understand that an argument of statistics and logic would hold more sway with him than an appeal to raw emotion. The knowledge that they had returned at some point or another caused his tail to subconsciously swing behind him--perhaps it was fine that children dispersed. Part of being a good parent was preparing them to face the world on their own. Their genes could never spread if they stayed highly localised, anyway. Even though he hadn't done much as far as child-rearing, he supposed he could write it off as "the supply of good genes." "You're right. Ryan's a strong girl and she was fine long before she found me in the first place. If anything I worry about Valkyrie... but if she found her mother, they'll both be fine. And she knows where to find us if she needs to," he contemplated, biting his lip slightly in thought.

Practise, eh? That all seemed well and good, but Anselm wasn't sure he'd ever have a real opportunity to practise. Most of his kids had been developed, born, and raised in his absence. The mechanics of breeding prevented her from empathising on this level, he supposed--at least she always knew that they existed, approximately where, etc. "I don't know. Last year I left to try to find all my kids... I found a few of them, three or four litters at least. Most of them didn't want me anyway.. Ryan's the only one that ever really bothered to seek me out and one of two that accepted me at all. I guess I just feel like a let-down to the only one who might have cared... though she never said as much... guess it's just on a personal level, y'know?" Would she know? Would anybody know? Anselm wasn't sure he'd ever seen such a non-traditional, dysfunctional family before his own.
http://i950.photobucket.com/albums/ad34 ... bottom.png); background-repeat:no-repeat; padding-top:140px; background-position:top center; line-height:12px; ">
Oh boy! -Finally has enough time to temporarily ignore future deadlines looming overhead and clean the apartment/shower/try to post.- x_______X;
[/html]

Messages In This Thread