spend all my time amongst the animals
[html]
Oh yes. FIERRR. -burns self- X_X

"Of course. I'm not going anywhere, so take your time healing up," the hybrid said with a grin, her scarred muzzle showing amusement in her little joke. She wasn't a very good clown; there was a time when most of her "jokes" were punctuated with blood. Kaena prided herself on her knowledge of Inferni; indeed, it had been her Immunes duty as the Veritas to know all of it, and she believed she had filled in the holes relatively well enough in her time gone. Gabriel hadn't told her what had happened in the first Inferni months before the fire, but the coyote woman could piece together everything since the fire and their abrupt move. The Dahlian war had occurred because of someone being found dead on their borders, and the coyotes had been swift to react, hadn't they? After that, there was the trouble with Phoenix Valley, which she had arrived in the middle of. Things had been quiet the last few months, and this was something Kaena was rather glad to see.

The hybrid shrugged as his question, not knowing the answer. Gabriel might have known—she had gathered that much from when he told her of the fire itself—but he wasn't telling her, and if he was not telling his own mother, no one would ever know. "Might have been. I don't know for sure. Don't think anybody does, really." The silvery hybrid didn't want to speculate on what Gabriel might or might not have known. "Sometimes things like that just happen, I guess," she said, remembering again the Californian wildfire Gabriel had told her about. The hybrid woman had not ventured that far south on the west coast; she had seen the shores of Oregon and the Pacific Ocean, but the hybrid had not realized she was so close to where Gabriel had been. Maybe if she had, she would have sought the place out.

Thanks to Akumu for the table!
[/html]

Messages In This Thread