dancing on the killing floor
I'm sorry... I thought I replied to this. :/

[html]

I'll try. Her ears shot back lightly and tried to decide whether or not that was good enough. She had to take it, however, because he didn't say anything else about it. Instead, he moved on and asked how she slept. Her eyes looked away and she shuffled her feet into a sitting position. "Sleep is buono," she said, mixing English and Italian without realizing it. She was only learning both languages before her world was torn apart and she didn't know much of either. Without either parent around, she would be stuck in whatever language was around her and she didn't hear any accents that resembled either parent.

Emma wanted to ask if they could try and find her father then but he didn't seem like he wanted and, hurt, she looked away and stared at her paws. It was the only thing she wanted to do, wanted to talk about, but she didn't feel in place here. This was not her family, even with her sister here, and when she was old enough she determined that she would pick herself up and just leave to find them on her own.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread