Generation to generation
[html]
I figured why not have him remember Valentine's dad. As long as there isn't too much to remember, it probably won't be that serious, just a cool tidbit 'Oh! You're Cross's kid. Whatever happened to that guy?'

"About half my life, at this point. I came here during my fourth winter, and this is my seventh." He hadn't been here the entire time, his quest to stop the shadow cult had taken him away for some months, and his recent excursion had taken him away for several more. Still, people knew him here, and had done for years now. These days his name was said with as many loathing voices as affectionate ones, but that was mostly the work of misinformation from the agents of Inferni, which his friends thankfully seemed immune to.

"It's probably best that your parents did. Raise you down south, I mean. Syemv later transformed into a group called Aremys, mostly the same people comprised it, some of whom were my friends. A little over a year ago, Inferni changed leadership, and their new brood-mother war queen hungered for territory. Under her command, Inferni struck at there neighbors in Aremys, the Inferni queen butchering a few puppies and driving the wolves off the territory. If you had been there, you might have been among the slain." A sad story, no doubt, and a wrong-doing that still burned in his gut. Some defended their actions as 'reclaiming territory', but the land had been given by the previous leader, not forcefully taken away. Old agreements had no validity to the queen, though, and apparently not to her son or her family or her family's friends, who defended what had occurred, some going so far as to call the coyotes the victims.

As it stood, the wolves weren't unified enough to do anything about it, and most had simply forgotten, put it out of their mind because it was easier to do so, forgotten the travesty of the clan's actions so that they might enjoy a few years of peace without an immediate shift of Inferni's aggression. Skoll didn't think that the way to deal with such people was to wait around until they got ambitious again, but his power--though significant for one man--ended at himself. His path had always been the one of personal improvement and potency, and he was not one to borrow the influence and power of others. Politics weren't his game, and so his feelings were inconsequential in a society like this one.

"A very dark chapter in Bleeding Souls history. I'm glad to see that someone escaped before all that." He was beginning to become curious about just who this person was. His parents had been in Syemv, and had left over a year ago...Valiant...he'd heard that name before. "Wait...what was your father's name?"

~The lyrics are from the best song ever written.
[/html]

Messages In This Thread