No you really haven't lived life yet
[html]

Photobucket

Photobucket

Words:300+

Photobucket

Ruri winced as Jac picked her up, her throbbing ankle feeling like it was trying to rip itself from her leg. She did her best to hold her injured limb in order to keep it from moving, and fortunately Jac's pace was slow enough that she was not jostled by each step. The pain was still there and despite her wishes it didn't seem like it was going to leave anytime soon. Jac mentioned something about how easily she could get hurt and she shook her head in frantic disagreement, still crying from the trauma of the situation. "I *sniff* I'm usually s-so--hick-so careful. I...just l-lost track of where I was," she sobbed. Slowly her cries were lessening until finally she was just crying softly, her body occasionally convulsing from the case of hic-ups she had given herself.

Then Jac addressed her again and she managed to perk up her ears to listen. What he said next she couldn't help but disagree with. She wasn't old enough? She was an adult now. Granted she was quite a bit more innocent-minded than most adult luperci, but she was still an adult. She couldn't voice her opinion, though. She didn't want to argue with Jac. She just wanted someone to comfort her. Jac had been the one to send the evening downhill, but his intentions had been good and she wasn't one to get angry with someone for long. So she just let his comment fall flat, without a response as tears continued to slowly trickle down her face. She didn't want to debate Jac about how she already knew that mated life wasn't all about holding hands and telling each other how much they loved each other. Whether Jac knew it or not she had caught him with a woman once, doing the exact thing he had tried to hide from her. Suffice it to say, she knew how Jontae had come to be, and it wasn't by magic.

Jac's comforting words did quite a bit to ease her sobs, as she finally rested her head on Jac's shoulder, now feeling completely drained of all energy. She doubted she would be able to sleep, as finding a comfortable position with her ankle in its current condition would not be easy.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread