Who wears the eyepatch around here?
[html]
http://i950.photobucket.com/albums/ad34 ... bott0m.png); background-repeat:no-repeat; padding-bottom:240px; background-position:bottom center; background-color:#252237">
It's all good, I won't be caught up in school work until next Monday, and even that's a stretch.

"Then you're still less a stranger than me," the giant laughed. "Been through this area twice; the first time attending a fighters' tournament. I chose my opponent poorly, hah, lost in the first round. This second time I'm here to honor the wolf who began that tournament." He looked the Russian up and down, studying him again.

"You look like something of a fighter yourself; who's that sword meant for?" It was an intelligent question, he thought. He didn't know exactly where Inferni was, but if it was close to Phoenix Valley, then he would need to return there shortly, and move his company south again shortly. He might be worth many coyotes in battle, but he couldn't guarantee the safety of Skoll's progeny if they were this close, and from what he'd heard, the coyotes had never forgiven Skoll for standing up to them. He could pay all the respects he wanted, but leading the yellow warrior's kids into the mouths of the people who would hate them most wasn't forgivable.

He considered the fact, though, that he might be jumping to conclusions. There were undoubtedly more threats than just angry hybrids around these parts, and there was no guarantee that Rurik wasn't just carrying a weapon out of good sense. Any time there was competition for food, any canine could be an enemy. Aivyr, Tanya, Nikolov, Skirnir, Mala and Ranya should be ample defense against loners, however. Wherever Russia was, it might be that bearing steel was a good idea there.

"Oh," his voice cut back into the silence directly proceeding his last question. "The name's Jantus, I don't have a last one. From the Snow Capped Pine pack. It's a mouthful, though...so we usually call it Pine. Never heard of Russia, though." The irony of this might have been somewhat amusing to someone who could put the pieces together. Jantus counted Nikolov and Tanya among his closer friends, but he hadn't noticed anything altogether strange about their names. After all, in the world as he'd seen it, there were too many different cultures close together for him to get caught up in defining one from the other. The two hadn't spoken any differently from him, so it was unlikely he would know where they had come from. Certainly, they didn't stand out like Rurik Russo...even if they did have the same habit of carrying around steel.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread