October
[html]

sounds good Smile

The cologne served very little purpose anymore, especially in these wild lands. In the cities the scent was something more common and so he was much harder to find. Of course in the beginning he hadn't always worn his clothes and hadn't always worn the scent. At night he would don them and go out and fight the criminals he could and then once morning came he would find a lake or river and wash himself clean of the spiced scent. He had been younger then, and not as good at hiding himself, and so it had been a necessary precaution. Despite its lack of utility now, it was something the coyote had come to identify himself with. That scent was more his than whatever natural odor he had, just as the cloth was more fitting of him than the eyes beneath it. He had come to despise his optics less with Cwmfen, but she and their children were the only ones he would expose them too. No one else would understand.

"Yes. It once was more useful than it is now. Am very good at hiding myself now though. Don't worry much about scent-tracking." Onus could hide in plain sight if he needed to, and do it quite effectively. In his old cities he had been able to imitate a gargoyle on the edge of a building better than any canine could have thought. It all went back to physical discipline and endurance. He could stay stone still for hours if it were required of him. It had taken him many years to be so apt, but he was now, and he never let his training falter.

Onus looked over to Conor. "You should not tell Haku you met me. He wants to kill me." There was no hint of fear or worry in his voice, he was simply stating a fact. He could have just as easily been saying the sky was blue or the grass was green. The man didn't really think that the younger Soul boy would go and share such an encounter with his sire, but it was better to say it than to leave it to chance.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread