Walking that familiar ground
[html]
ooc: we can try to focus on this one, as per your request. Smile

"I met your packmate Hemming, then, some time ago," Slay mentioned pleasantly. The poetic wolf had been accompanied by an odd little bird, one whose bright beady eyes had seemed to pierce right through him. Thoughts of the black and white animal he saw in his dreams from time to time still made him wonder -- was it of the same constitution as Dagrun, some sort of spiritual animal? He had been meaning to speak with Cwmfen about it, too, but she had been terribly scarce since her children were born. "So, ehh, do you... have one of those ghost animals, too?" he mentioned offhandedly, scratching the back of his neck awkwardly. He didn't see one, but the superstitious male knew that didn't mean anything.

Mew was having a litter...! Slay's eyes widened, but he said nothing. He had been around when she'd lost her first litter, and knew what a deeply personal blow it had been. And she had found a mate amongst their ranks, so... this should be a good thing. More pups around Dahlia couldn't hurt. His expression softened into a gentle smile, pale eyes warm. "I'm glad you're here to help her, then. And that you've found a place for yourself, Fire Maker." His ears flicked in surprise as she inquired about him, and he pursed his lips, trying to think back on the seasons they had been apart.

"Yes, m'dove, I shifted for the first time and have been this way since. Did you hear rumors about the rogue wolf, Corvus Vendetta...? He was harassing members of our pack specifically, and attacked our borders on several occasions." Cwmfen's psychopathic father, he added silently.
"I was one of his victims, so to speak -- he thrashed me so hard, I couldn't leave my den for a month. But when I finally stood on my own and found the scars were healed and gone, I found myself shifting as well. I suppose it unlocked something inside of me, even though I always had the capability." He shrugged casually, keeping the story short and glossed over. No need to mention all the loss of blood, or what a terrible strain he had put on Cercelee, or his depression that followed at not being able to protect his home. He should be stronger now. At the very least, his size would intimidate any would-be marauders!
"And you, you have some scars of your own," he noted aloud, tilting his head curiously. Had she run afoul of a loner as well?

[/html]

Messages In This Thread