unusual situations
[html]

AtaxiaDelacour

"Oh Wow.." The words had been uttered upon an impulse, her mouth seeming to slip off it's mental leash, her gaze diverting to the ground as she silently reprimanded herself. She wasn't the type to do much of anything on impulse (which made her sudden decision to join the ranks of this pack all the more out-of-place) and rarely spoke without prior careful consideration. Even though it wasn't as if she'd done or said anything embarrassing, she intended on not ever doing so, hence the need for a 'mental leash' of sorts. It wasn't that she was afraid of being embarrassed, in fact she'd only been mortified but once - but it had been enough to make her hate any situation that could turn embarrassing on her behalf. Clearing her throat slightly, she managed to retrain her gaze upon Haven, her stance lacking strength and betraying her lack of confidence. "That really is a long time.." It was almost impossible for her to comprehend. It was true that she'd spent more than that amount of time with her family's pack, but she was sure it didn't feel as long as that had for her. He obviously enjoyed living here, and he seemed to be the cheery sort, so he wasn't living every day praying to be strong and able enough to make a run for it.

She hadn't even noticed the soft smile that had come across her angular muzzle, and clearing her throat (a fit of habit) she shifted her slender body restlessly, her gazing shifting now to the heavens, which were beginning to twinkle with night's first lights. "I bet it's been nice.." she mused, seeming as if she were talking more to herself than to him. It had been a rhetorical statement, requiring no response, and thus she waited not a second longer before locking her gaze back upon him. "I am sure I will like it. It's kept me longer than most places tend to already.." it was a stab at including a little bit about herself into the conversation. That was what you were supposed to do, right?

lineart by sugarpoultry

[/html]

Messages In This Thread