if the moment ever comes
[html]
http://i197.photobucket.com/albums/aa22 ... stable.png); background-position: top center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">
Xeris smiled at Ehno's playful sense of humor. She always liked making friends who knew how to laugh. Her father and mother had always been so serious; having a laugh or joking around every once in a while was good for her. She was also glad to know that Ehno seemed to be at least somewhat comfortable here, despite his talks of being in a strange land; she knew that he wouldn't joke about it if he really was completely lost.

He commented on the winter weather. It wouldn't be that big of a deal, Xeris thought; she'd been through two cold winters at the Retreat and would probably be fine here, particularly in the cabin. "Ah, so it's warmer in Italy? I've never lived in a place that was very warm. Then again, I don't know a whole lot about geography and weather anyway." She smiled a bit sheepishly. "Hopefully the winter won't be too bad. A little cold now and then will do us good, I suppose, give us a bit of variety."

Xeris noticed that Ehno went quiet for a moment when she asked why he came here. For a moment she frowned, worried that she might have touched upon a difficult topic. But when he mentioned Naniko and her pups, Xeris smiled, remembering the wolfess and her puppies that she'd met not long ago. "Oh, wow!" came her happy response. "Yes, I have met Naniko and her pups! They are beautiful. You must be proud."
[/html]

Messages In This Thread