sunshine, call on me
[html]

I couldn't get this post to flow right. Oh well. Here it goes.

Alacrity's grin rebounded at his comment, assured that while both of them had endured some manner of physical violence, neither party was seriously hurt. They were both, she assumed, rather competent personas after all. Of course, she also assumed his "other guys" to be grievously wounded somewhere, permanently out of sight and out of mind. That they were potentially dead and decapitated didn't quite occur to her, and perhaps this was just as well. Alacrity wasn't quite a stranger to violent ends, but it also wasn't the way to begin conversation for a friendly reunion, either.

"Since we're both celebrating close calls, she responded enthusiastically, "I'd love one." Their respective versions of what constituted a close call might vary, but since they had both sustained injuries it was the translation she went with. The finer points of translation were not on her mind at the moment anyhow. Alacrity was more curious to see the Inferni landscape and eager to learn what amenities claimed lands might hold. She was also glad to see Anselm again, and laughed in surprise and pleasure when he nudged her chin. "Lead on," she said with a smile, falling into step beside him.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread