Rainy day women #12&35
[html]
http://i950.photobucket.com/albums/ad34 ... ce_top.png); background-repeat:no-repeat; padding-bottom:135px; background-position:bottom center; background-color:#CDCEC8; text-align:justify; font-family:times; font-size:12px; line-height:13px; color:#9C1900;">
      If they hadn't died, they would have come back. They would've come either for his life or his property, and he had quickly understood what needed to happen. They seemed like a rowdy bunch anyway--something about a large transient group just didn't sit well with him. Legitimate packs would lay claim to territory of their own, but those guys were clearly on the move; he wouldn't be surprised if they got by on theft alone. While it was theoretically possible he could have submitted and offered his stash without resistance, those acquainted with the wolfish male wouldn't be surprised by his choice. The tattooed man was more or less indomitable; he only relented when social custom dictated it must be so, and the last he checked, there was no law saying he had to surrender his hard earned crop to a bunch of punks.

"Oh yeah; how is Princess doing?" he wondered, finding it somewhat endearing the girl had bothered to mention the incident to the commander at all. Though he had asked her to bid the leader a 'hello,' he knew some kids would conveniently "forget" were they in her shoes, perhaps out of embarrassment over needing to be saved in the first place. "At any rate, I'm not sure I had much of a choice," he added with a grin, which faded in time as she spoke again. He frowned lightly at her tale, brows pulling together as he heaved a sympathetic sigh. "That's rough, but you know if I had to be enemies with all of my friends'--or family's--enemies, I'd be one lonely guy," he offered carefully, figuring she'd pick up on the point pretty quickly. "I suppose he'd be pretty irresponsible to knock her up and leave her hanging during the pregnancy.. and since he came back, I doubt he meant anything foul by it."

His eyes widened a bit at the next bit of news: "Ghita had puppies?" he wondered, somewhat astounded. She certainly hadn't looked pregnant the last he'd seen her, but what did he know? "Well, I'm glad she's alright," he appended quickly with a nod, though the gears in his mind were spinning at high speed. It put their entire encounter in a different perspective and now he supposed he had his answer on the legitimacy of that rain check. Any potential disappointment was drowned out by happiness for Savina and her family; he'd still enjoyed the company of the other Marino sister and he wouldn't be opposed to it again, though he supposed now it'd be under a very different context.
      His face dropped at the mention of his daughter and her child--their absence was something he largely pushed from the forefront of his mind, as it caused too many headaches and heartbreaks otherwise. "Well, I hope. Ryan left awhile ago now.. Val, too, I can only figure to go after her." The sadness in his tone lifted briefly; his talk with Kaena had really patched him up good: "But Ryan is a strong woman, and she got along just fine before I was even in the picture. I think the two of them are fine... and if anything changes, they know where to find us." With this resolution in mind, he shrugged a little, peering off to the side before glancing back to his friend's face. "Why don't we head to my garage and get comfortable?" he wondered, figuring a couch in a building away from the wind might be preferable on the mid-November day.
http://i950.photobucket.com/albums/ad34 ... bottom.png); background-repeat:no-repeat; padding-top:140px; background-position:top center; line-height:12px; ">
[/html]

Messages In This Thread