like oil and water
[html]
http://sleepyglow.net/rp/kae/epidemic.gif); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:fixed; padding-top:226px; padding-left:25px; padding-right:25px; padding-bottom:10px;">
    The silver-furred hybrid nodded at Rikka's assumption; the coyote woman herself was mystified by Anselm's coyote heritage. She knew Damian was wholly wolf, and so should have been his siblings. It was not the de le Poer side of his heritage that had lent Anselm his coyote blood, and it was a question Kaena had pondered at some point or another prior to this moment. She smiled, and spoke. "Yeah, he looks it, too. Don't matter to me." Anselm had chosen to live as a coyote, just as Kaena had—his wolf side might as well not have existed, for all Kaena cared for it.

The coyote had mentioned Dahlia de Mai, and though she refused to speak of Haku anymore, the silver-furred woman knew Rikka needed a warning. The tawny-furred hybrid was more likely to greet a Dahlian wolf with a smile than the suspicion they deserved, and Kaena did not want anything even remotely like what had happened to her befalling her lovely daughter. "Couple of bad eggs, I suppose. The whole lot of them aren't damned, but it's safer to stay away. Trust me," the hybrid said, hoping the discomfort passing over her face did not betray too much.

Thankfully, they had come upon an entrance to one of the caves, and it happened to be one of the two Kaena has been stuck between choosing. It was quite near to her own, separated by a few rocky outcroppings. Both shared a view of the coast, and the hybrid turned to her daughter, looking at her with a raised eyebrow. "This one's a tad bigger than mine. Almost picked this one out instead," the hybrid said with a smile, less forced than the previous. The silver-furred coyote was excited with the prospect of her family drawing so close together again.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread