It's a snake
[html]

Crappy short post, sorry! Word Count:

childhood repression: an expert at work

Emwe smiled at his new friend as he spoke, his tongue lolling back out of his mouth as he finished his sentences. Curiosity shone in his eyes. "How strange that they looked for me. My mother let us stay with uncle Ly for a while. Alexey came along and snatched us from there, to live back with the pack. I kind of liked my uncle's place, though." He paused, looking at Haven. His eyebrows were not even, as if half-way through a thought, and he was quite impressed with his own eloquence. Rarely did he create such well-shaped sentences. "I guess she found us, then." he winked, satisified with his own joke. Man, was he on a roll today!

His eyes widened. It was true! He hadn't thought about that! Snakes didn't have legs... Emwe glanced at Haven and back again towards where the snake had been. "... they don't have legs!" he said, realizing just then. His tail wagged, slowed, wagged again. Seriously, snakes were so weird. "But how does it move?" He'd seen caterpillars move, but when he looked at them closely they did have legs. That snake hadn't had legs, unless it used its own body as one big leg, but wouldn't it have to jump around then? And it didn't have knees, so how could it jump? It was very confusing.

Haven agreed with him, and Emwe nodded silently. It was much better to be in the open.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread