can't help me now; it doesn't count.
[html]

indent The smile remained like a mask, for Ahren was unwilling to give her ground. She didn’t deserve his sympathy or his pity, and he didn’t expect her to want either. It was in her blood. He remained still, watching her, reading her. Each word she spoke offered him insight, showing that she thought she was wiser then she was. Ahren would be five this year, and he knew that everything he had once believed was wrong. Until she realized she was in that position, he would never be able to reach her. Even the news of Aiji’s death was taken like a wave against a rock—he showed no sign that this perturbed him. He had never loved her.
indent “She came to my father and lived in Chimera, even after I took it. She supported this, despite what I had done to her.” Smooth, nearly practiced. He was still very much a politician. “I kept trying to help her, to make things right. The day you ran off, I think she might have forgiven me.” Enough for a fuck, right? His eyes had become red walls, denying access to the vicious thoughts that circled his head. “You can call me whatever you want. I’m not going to make excuses for what I did or did not do.” Pausing, he finally offered humanity: “I’m sorry that she’s gone,” he said quietly. Because you didn’t get to do it?

[/html]

Messages In This Thread