Rainy day women #12&35
[html]
http://i950.photobucket.com/albums/ad34 ... Image7.png); background-repeat:no-repeat; padding-top:310px; background-position:top center; background-color:#1C1D15; text-align:justify; font-family:tahoma; font-size:11px; color:#ffffff; line-height:14px">
@$%&Somewhat at a loss, he simply mustered a sympathetic look and offered a gentle nudge with his snout. None of his children had been planned and it was an unfortunate fact that children often repeated the mistakes of their parents. Adding this to the conversation, however, would do nothing for her mood. "You'll never know until you ask, I guess. Maybe if your brother is there to mediate, things will go smoother," he offered, uncertain as to what else he might constructively contribute.

@$%&For the moment, he was just fine with letting the conversation move on to better and brighter things. "That I do; time flies, huh? I'd visit more if I ever got down to that neck of the woods," he assured her. Between running back and forth to the city, trying to keep Inferni secure, and so on, he rarely had time to go so far out of the way. Still, he suspected she would understand--it was probably just as rare for her to venture so far from Crimson Dreams for the same reason. Halifax was a good middle ground for the two friends.

@$%&"Such a shame you're not our neighbour," he lamented then. Sometimes it was hard to pin down cause versus effect: Mew and DaVinci had trespassed, setting of a chain reaction of hatred and ill will. Maybe, since they lived closer, it was more likely that such trespasses would occur in the first place... then again, any idiot with half a brain could acknowledge borders and choose not to knowingly invade. Perhaps Inferni would have more trouble with the Aniwayan animals or Dreamers if they were in closer quarters, but somehow he still doubted it. Haku was a monster and things with their southern neighbours seemed to have mostly blown over.

@$%&Wiggling around so that his butt planted comfortably into the couch, he found his ears falling back at her question. How to respond? He knew of her sentiments toward Naniko's drug use, though arguably cocaine and marijuana were completely different intoxicants with completely different effects. The former gave energy and inspired aggression, while the other was mellowing, having a calming effect on both the mind and body. "Heh; well, it could very well be just what the doctor ordered. One sec."

@$%&With that, he rose and pulled one of the Tupperware containers from a shelf before settling back into his seat. The jars were left for trade; once he'd run out of them, he'd piled the rest into these. As he opened it the scent became even stronger locally, and he held up one of the "flowers" gently between his claws, handing it to her for her to inspect. White crystals coated the outside of the bud--truly beautiful, as far as he was concerned, though to the untrained eye it could have almost just looked like a mouldy plant.

@$%&"Marijuana," he relented at last, although he wasn't certain the term would be familiar. If you knew the name, you probably knew the scent. "Some would call it therapeutic; some might just call it a waste of time. I think the answer lies somewhere in the middle," he said with a grin. Ghita had liked it, but he didn't say as much--he didn't want to get her in trouble. "Would you care to try some?" Why not?
[/html]

Messages In This Thread