Worlds we never knew
[html]

Table code, image, and Filler © Jacoby!

OOC// BRAINS! BRAAAAINS! ....D<

------------------------------------------------------------

At the young wolf-man's tone, Alaine shivered, her emerald eyes wide in shock. For a moment there seemed such frustration and vehemence in Daisuke's tone that her fingers shivered on his back, the urge to withdraw from him rippling through her body. But the cream lady fought it back down. Daisuke would never hurt her, and though her phobia was ever-present, she made the effort to keep the physical contact with him as well as the mental. After the pause, her fingers continued to softly trace the metal wings, though her inverted jade orbs were now narrowed in on the young golden male's features.

" I... I don't know. I've never met one before... I only recall what I've been told."

Alaine! Came the memory voice, clear and crisp as if it had been spoken aloud, Alaine! How dare you breach our territory! Do you know what those mangy 'yotes would have done to you, had they caught you trespassing? They would have torn you apart, limb from limb, and drank your blood like the finest wine! You must promise me, NEVER to go there again!

She was silent for a moment, mulling over her father's words. He'd preached the satanical nature of the coyotes like a teacher, till the thought of his words had been burned into her young puppy brain. But he'd never told her of the cruelty of wolves before, and she wondered what would have happened had it been a coyote that had stolen her princess heart that night, not a wolf. She wouldn't have had Caillen, that's for sure... Immediately regretful of the idea, she blinked, returned her focus to Daisuke whom was describing his attainment of the strange back marking.

" How... Curious," Catching the end of his jest about his legs running away, she couldn't help but reflect the grin on the younger male's face, " That would have been a shame. You wouldn't be able to run after them!"

Content for a moment, she relaxed, and lay on her back beside him in the sand. Emerald eyes that had seen far too much and yet still contained their twists of innocence watched the leaves of the tree above them, twisting and fluttering in the light of the sun.

" Caillen asked of you, a few days ago," The memory made her smile, her soft melodic voice peaceful, " He wanted to know whether he would see the 'sun-colored sir' again." She twisted, propped her head up on one hand so the young mother could watch for his reaction, " He seemed to take quite a shine to you, Dai."

Speak think walk!

[/html]

Messages In This Thread