shadowed.
[html]
TELL ME, ARE YOU FREE, WHEN THE FEAR FALLS ON YOU?

The stranger made a quick approach and it made the hangover-dazed Dante a little weary at first. The man turned out to be a rather friendly and giving soul, pulling out a lighter and a pack of cigarettes without hesitation. This put the loner at ease and he began to relax as he reached out to catch the lighter, fumbling with it for a moment. When the cigarette itself was passed over, he held it carefully in his hand as he moved to light it. It had been a while since he’d enjoyed one of these and he didn’t plan to let it go to waste. He took a quick inhale from the thing and savored the warmth it filled him with. He exhaled with a slow and content sigh before looking back up at the friendly stranger and offering him the lighter back. “Thanks, man. I needed that,” he said, one of those rare, genuinely grateful smiles on his face.

Now that his head was somewhat cleared and he felt a little more settled, he was feeling more up to answering that question the stranger posed–that is, if he could decipher some sort of meaning from it first. This guy seemed to talk in riddles or something, bringing up some establishment into the mix that had Andante second-guessing what he was really asking. “I dunno anything ‘bout any “establishment,” but this is all self-inflicted misery right here,” he said with a slight shrug of his shoulders, motioning to the bottles of vodka lying a short distance away. Once you take in all the pieces of the puzzle, the picture should be crystal clear. As for the exact reason the alcohol was even in the picture in the first place, not even Dante could say for sure. He had his good few guesses of course, but they sure as hell didn’t make for pleasant conversation with strangers.

OH, TO BREATHE IN FIRE, AND KNOW I'M FREE
[/html]

Messages In This Thread