a guilty mind needs to confess
[html]
http://sleepyglow.net/souls/gifts/rikka_table.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:fixed; padding-top:330px; padding-left:15px; padding-right:15px; padding-bottom:10px;">

Some might have worried that the same demons that afflicted their kin would equally effect them at some point, even if they showed no signs of it. Rikka had had such worries in the past, but no longer. Her time in The Haight had been a cleansing experience and it had made her spirit feel new and completely whole. She did not worry about succumbing to the madness that supposedly lurked within her blood, for she did not feel such a dark presence within her. She was simply Rikka, and she would never become a monster. Somehow or another, she had managed to avoid that sickness.

The woman was wholly surprised that her brother shifted so to allow her room to sit next to him. Another unexpected gesture that gave her hope of building something between them. She picked the crumpled paper up from the ground and carefully sat beside him, leaving as much space between them as she could. She didn't mind having a close physical proximity but she knew that he probably did. Rikka carefully smoothed out the drawing and her golden eyes roved over it appreciatively. "I disagree, it's better than anything I could draw," she said genuinely, smiling over at him. "Simple finger painting is all I can really manage, this is much better." It really did seem like Gabriel had a knack for this.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread