Sing songs of friendship
[html]

Word Count: 300+

"Put him in the brig until he's sober! Put him in the brig until he's sober. Put him in the brig until he's sober, early in the morning..." her voice slowly faded out with the final line of the old sea shanty. For a moment, she stood there, silently enjoying the company of the sea. It had occurred to her that the stranger had begun to sing along when she had started the song, but she had not registered that the other feminine voice was coming closer. That was, until she heard a faint, surprised utterance coming from a few steps behind her.

The yarn tassels of her woolen poncho swirled about her as the petite collie girl whipped around, blushing slightly that she had been discovered, seemingly singing for no apparent reason at all. She enjoyed singing, and was proud of her hobby, but the thought of what it might have seemed like to a stranger led Ruri to feel slightly self-conscious. Cashmere clad arms reached out from under the brim of the poncho revealing the form-fitting garment beneath as she absentmindedly fixed her hair, which had become disheveled by the wind. "I'm sorry if I bothered you, I just heard you singing, started following along, and I guess I got a bit absorbed in what I was doing." she stuttered, hoping her explanation for her actions would be sufficient. The air carried the other woman's scent to Ruri's sensitive nose and she immediately memorized it, though for the moment she had no name to associate with the scent. Perhaps if she introduced herself first she would be able to learn this unknown pack mate's name."I'm Ruri...Ruri Aceline, Dauphine and Lautari of Cour des Miracles. You have a lovely voice by the way." It was true, Ruri had heard many women sing during her brief lifetime, but this woman had an exceptional, distinctly beautiful voice.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread