It's the bough we break to blow away
[html]
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v515/ ... banner.jpg); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">

Ehno shook his head at her surprised question. “Nope. I finished putting it all together, but it’s still lacking color to bring it to life.” As soon as he had finished setting up his workshop in one of the empty room in the manor, he had set the little building on one of his new shelves, taking it down every so often to tinker with it, give it a little more detail. He came to a point where the small model felt complete, after which the model watched over him from its shelf while he took on other carpentry projects. “I figured that you still wanted to paint it, once you were old enough to shift. You seemed rather interested in it.” A tiny smile clung to the corners of his lips as he thought of the found memory. My, how times had changed. “I guess I never got around to giving it to you… You’re still welcome to liven it up, if you’re interested.”

How late this simple offer came. So many things had happened since then, stealing his attention away all these months. The more recent of those troubles included Ghita’s sudden disappearance and her subsequent reappearance. And of course there was the occurrence that shook all of Crimson Dreams, in one way or another: Naniko’s fall from grace. Add in Ehno’s own twist to the situation with his involvement with Nani, and eventually unexpected birth of the puppies, and you had the recipe for a rather hectic life. Somehow, The Marino man still found it a little sad that he couldn’t find a single moment between all these happenings to deliver the little mansion to the Church girl as he had intended. Now would have to be as good a time as ever, it seemed.

Suddenly Mati turned to face him, a smile that he could only hope was genuine on her lips. It seemed she was ready to move onto the next step in gathering her new materials by moving them into her studio. He nodded in response to her request and said, “I’d be glad to help.” The words were completely true, no matter how much that nagging part of him suggested that Mati herself was probably not so glad to have his help. Regardless of how the Church girl may truly feel about him now, Ehno still cared for her, as he had when she was younger. That wouldn’t change, even if it turned out that she hated him. He bent over and gathered some of the planks from the good pile into his arms and then waited for Mati to lead the way to her studio.
[/html]

Messages In This Thread