turning us into monsters.
[html]

Wurd count: 541. and i was totally gonna sleep right before this post but I realized I was 90 words away from 5,000+ for day one SO I HAD TO POST ONCE MORE. please excuse if this post is incomprehensible or terrible, i am delirious. THIS IS WHAT YOU DO TO ME SOULS. ;____; /wail.

In Character

There was a lovely kind of comraderie in this sharing of bloodshed, and a connection to Hybrid that Kaena had allowed to wither over the years had begun to reform itself once more. She remembered this feeling—this shared bloodlust was what had given her trust toward Hybrid in the first place, or at the very least, her admiration. He'd been quick to throw his weight in with her against Aremys, standing out from the paltry and weakling remnants of a kinder, push-over sort of Inferni ran by Kidorah and Segodi. The hybrid woman had tolerated the Aremys wolves at first, conceding that her predecessor had given them a chunk of sand and little else, finding it positively unnecessary to face an entire pack of wolves without damn good reason or a large difference in numbers in the favor of the coyotes. There was no reason to get half of her own clan killed for her own grudges. When Hollow had proposed they chase the wolves out, however, it was an offer the silver-furred Centurion—then-Aquila—could not refuse. With Hollow they had been unstoppable.

Both of them were sprayed with the dead wolf's blood, covered in it. Some parts dripped with the reddish fluid from the canine, and others were simply dusted with a fine crimson, coated by the misty spray of the female's dying arteries. Another wolf might have hesitated at taking the life of a woman, but Kaena's morality made no distinction between women and me. She was, after all, a woman, and she was perfectly capable of handling herself. There was no reason to then discriminate against other women and deny them the fitting deaths they so deserved. They were nothing, little more than decor with which to plaster their borders in the hopes that more like them would learn to keep the hell out. They never did, though.

"Yeah. Leave the rest. Don't need it stinking up our turf," she silver-furred canine agreed, her nose wrinkling at the thought of it. Kaena was certain a rotting wolf would smell far worse than anything else mid-rot. The Hydra took the wolf's leg in his teeth, ripping at tearing the dead flesh. In another lifetime Kaena might have eaten the flesh of the wolf, but she had passed cannibalism by, and she no longer wished to taint her digestive system with the meat of a wolf unless that was the only thing standing between her and starvation. He seemed to be finished. Both were oddly calm for just having taken another canine's life without reason and without care for who she was to others—certainly, she might have been someone's mother—but then again, why would they? Both Hybrid and Kaena had much in common, though both might deny it for different reasons. Death did not bother either of them, certainly not the death of some nothing wolf this far from their own territory. The rain would wash away evidence of their crime; even if this was someone's mother or someone's daughter or sister, by morning there would be no trace of Kaena or Hybrid's scent. There would be no blood—just the corpse of a nobody wolf, already beginning to rot.

<style>
.kae-funeral p { text-indent:25px; padding:0px 40px 0px 40px; margin:0px 0px 20px 0px; }
.kae-funeral b { color:#A4F62D }
.kae-funeral { background-color:#000000; background-image:url(http://digital-bonsai.com/katew/rp/kae/ ... header.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #577104; width:446px; padding:166px 0px 1px 0px; text-align:justify; font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#e4f7c9; letter-spacing:.2px; word-spacing:1pt; line-height:12px; }
.kae-funeral-text {font-family:georgia; font-size:11pt; color:#A4F62D; word-spacing:-.5pt; letter-spacing:0px; font-weight:bold; font-variantConfusedmall-caps; margin:0px 40px 0px 40px; border-bottom:1px dotted #CCFF00; width:366px; line-height:18px;}
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread