Rainy Days
[html]

Sorry for the wait, have been away for holiday :]
Word Count: 322 - SoSuWriMo

come dance with the west wind and touch on the mountain tops

She seemed to be a shy thing, and while he sat there there was a moment of silence, though she seemed interested enough in what was happening. Finally, there came a word from her, and given that it was not a word he knew, he understood it as he name. Now, he looked up from the lashings performed by his hands, though they kept going on their own, having done it many times over in his lifetime. He gave her a smile as he replied. "Nice to meet you." Judging by the look on her face, what he was doign was alien to her. Before he arrived in these lands he had not known that there were wolves that did not know these things; so naturally had it felt in his lifetime in the large AniWaya tribe. But when he came here in a scouting party that later became the little branch of a tribe he now led, he met many strange and quite... different individuals. Most of them did not do things the way he did. Some, like Ember, scavenged the remains of human civilization for tools and weapons, and some discarded both them and the things they could do with their own shifted form. Some could not even shift! But, he had lived here a long time now, and he knew that face and what it meant. He was used to it.

His assumptions were confirmed as she presented him with a question, and now he smiled and lifted his muzzle to look up towards the sky. The rain whipped his face: it was quite fierce now. Soon it would be uncomfortable even for him, and he was glad he had stopped here to make his little shelter. He gave a wry chucle and looked back at the femme, replying in a dry voice with half a smile on his lips. "I can, but I don't know if this rain will let me." If it continued to rain virtually sideways, it would be hard to simply raise the shelter, let alone build a fire. But, first things first.

Several branches and sticks made a ribcage of wood, forming solid squares of a size of maybe an upper arm's length on each side. It would be the foundation of the roof of the shelter. Getting up, she asked him another thing, and he shrugged as he went over to a suitable tree he had already spotted. Soon his fingers were lashing his little construction to the tree's trunk, and he replied simultaneously, looking at her as he did so. "My father and uncles taught me these techniques. It's really quite simple; first I build this frame, and then I just put the skins over it so I have a sort of roof. Beats a log, certainly." He winked, clearly making a joke, before looking back at what he was doing. If he was lucky, the rope might be just long enough to make it work. If not, he would have to improvise.
[/html]

Messages In This Thread