Strawberry Fields
[html]

Her words made him want to cry. Though, they wouldn’t be tears of pain, but of elation. Pilot had heard her say the first words to him before, "I love you", and he had returned them many times. But the words that trailed after those, the ones that she spoke in a voice that was so revealing and yet so trusting, those were the words that gripped at his heart. "I’m not afraid."

When Pilot had gone to see Deuce in Jaded Shadows, she had made him promise then and there that he would never hurt Dierdre. The young white wolf never had the intentions, and promised on his own life that he would never purposefully harm his one true love.

And here and now, with her so open and trusting, Pilot could feel his eyes burning. No, he wouldn’t cry, but he would feel her words tugging at his heart strings. Dierdre wasn’t afraid, and that spoke volumes to the young wolf. Hugging his love closer to him, he buried his face on her soft neck, kissing it gently and cherishing the connection between them. Moments like this – when they were so close to one another – was what he truly loved the most. He had never felt more close to anybody in this way. Dierdre truly made his heart ache. "I love you too." But in the best way.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread