i dissolve and break and then away i crawl
[html]

Sorry for the delay! 341 - SSWM

She had been expecting to be alone. The past few months, Brooklyn had withdrawn more and more into herself, keeping away from the members in her pack. She had heard about Ehno and her mother, and Jazper and Ghita, but they were remote events, somewhere far away from her, completely removed from everything else that was going on with her. She had blamed her mother, in the long dark nights when she could not sleep. Who else could she blame? She missed her brother, her Haven. Brooklyn didn't go and see him any longer. Mati was still a question mark she couldn't quite figure out. On top of that, this white wolf had come to haunt her, although she was actually getting used to his presence now.

Brooklyn was so lost in her thoughts that she didn't hear the sound of steps and it was only when Ehno actually spoke that she realised she was no longer alone. Slowly, she turned to him, resting against the banisters of the porch. He looked tired and weary. Was parenting that taxing on someone? It must have been hard for him. Although Brooklyn still had mixed feelings about her mother, there was no about how she felt about Ehno. The pack's carpenter had made her so many toys. The beads she wore around her neck, though worn out and half as colourful as they'd once been, had also been a present from him. Uncle Ehno! she whispered, the gratitude clear in her voice. She'd dreaded being around Anu. How did her mother feel about this? But Ehno was a comforting presence, someone who knew what she was going through. Someone whose life was also split between two packs. It's cold out here. How are you, uncle Ehno? She wanted him to sit down and talk to her, tell her about Naniko.

The white girl shuffled along, leaving space for the other to sit down. She smiled shyly up at him, a wonky sort of grin. I hope you weren't planning on going to bed again soon.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread