Hide and Seek, alcohol style
[html]

Oh yes, and then I will collapse from exhaustion and put myself on hiatus for a week just to let my poor fingers recover. XD No worries, though, I am totally gonna cheerlead everyone else along. <333 Word Count: 627

The silver-furred werewolf was quite happy with their little selection of a home; he remembered the adventure underground into the metro tunnels with Liliya and Silas to find the map and figure out where a hotel was. It had been a fun and exciting landing day for all three of the Russos, and Rurik was happy to have imparted some map-reading skills to his children. As it turned they hadn't really needed to go into the subways to find a tourist's map to look for a hotel—their little home away from home was in plain view of the docks. Rurik's boat stuck out like a sore thumb among all the scrapped boats, some no more than mere skeletons, brilliant orange-red with rust eating away at them. He was happy he'd grounded this boat; it wouldn't become part of the ocean as the Syemv had.

"Hmm... maybe I will meet him, when I come to visit," the silver-furred wolf said, the corners of his lips lifting in a rather reserved smile as compared to his normal full-toothed grin. He had purposely used the word "when"—this Cour des Miracles place sounded quite alright to Rurik, and if the rest of them were as nice as Strel, he could certainly use a trip out there. From what he'd learned, there were two packs on either side of the city, with a third owning a small piece of the northernmost border of the city, a thin patch of forest separating Halifax from this pack. The red-haired wolf's next comment drew a laugh from Rurik. He was not an experienced runner, not exactly, but his tolerance of the drink was remarkable. "Well, I am not too much of a runner, but I am a drinker," the werewolf laughed, shrugging his shoulders. "Bet you'd sew the pants right off me, though," he said, growing a little bit bold and a little bit sleazy with the addition of the liquor, grinning and realizing that his statement was at once an oxymoron and an innuendo.

The silver-furred werewolf had often recounted tales of his wanderings to other canines; some were curious, and others expressed absolute horror at the idea of traveling by sea. Strel happened to be one of the former, and he inquired about Rome—this just happened to be one of Rurik's favorite cities, and he offered a smile. "Rome is in Italy. There are many old, old buildings mixed with newer ones... it is a beautiful city, though. The Mediterranean climate is just perfect," the werewolf said, sighing softly at his memories of the summer spent sailing those seas. It had been quite a welcome vacation, warmth and humidity against the dry cold of his homeland. The wolf's next words caught Rurik's attention, and he looked over at Strel with a glazed sort of interest. "Oh yes. The canines from that area are very smart. They are very good at taking old human technology and adapting it for us," Rurik merrily informed Strel, hoping the other canine might find some pride in that knowledge.

The werewolf grinned, and shrugged his shoulders. "There are books that say everything once came from the sea. Maybe that has to do with it?" Rurik knew only a little about evolution; when one started talking about single-celled organisms and other such complicated matters, his brain tended to glaze over. Strel offered a genuine compliment which the Russian wolf again smiled at. If he had cheeks to blush, he would have—instead, the wolf's equivalent appeared on his face in half-mast ears and averted eyes. "Can't say I'm too displeased you decided to have a wander around the city today," the Russo responded, his gray and white tail wagging a few times to show his thanks.

<style type="text/css">
.rurik-bones b{font-weight:bold; color:#B44100; letter-spacing:1px; font-family:trebuchet ms, sans-serif; font-size:13px;}
.rurik-bones strong{font-weight:bold; color:#B88060; letter-spacing:1px; font-family:trebuchet ms, sans-serif; font-size:13px;}
.rurik-bones p{text-indent:35px; padding:0px 15px 15px 15px; margin:0px;}
.rurik-bones{width:400px; background-color:#DED2C2; background-image:url(http://sleepyglow.net/rp/rurik/rurik_bones.jpg); background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 252px 0px 0px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#000000; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread