The power of imagination
The thumb drove through the moonlit eye of the Night Prince, and the wraith felt pain and nausea as he could not have remembered. It had been so long...had he felt anything that potent even during his true life? He couldn't remember. What he did know was that his blooded body wanted it to stop, and he had drawn his legs up from beneath Ty in one moment and launched the smaller wolf off of him in the next. Bright, florescent ooze seeped from the deflated eyeball, and the Prince yelped despite himself as he flung his enemy off and away, their claws ripping from their grips on one another as they parted. He quickly rolled to his feet, and between the gasps of pain, he began to smile.

"I haven't felt this, or anything, in a very long time, young traveler. This is a great gift." His voice seemed unperturbed, though his posture was that of one crippled. His eye was leaking the unnatural stuff down his muzzle and into his fur, leaving an otherworldly sheen to his pitch black fur. His smile did not abate. "Come and I'll return the favor. You can feel your heartbeat slow and your entrails spill over this craggy glacier, and I'll--" His voice was cut short as the black cloak quivered in the distance. It was behind him, he could not see it, but the instant it twitched, his head spun to regard it. Audible fractures in the ice began to form, almost in answer to the prince's lapse in concentration. Fog began rolling in from somewhere behind Ty.

"I am not finished," the prince said coolly. The onset of the fog did not slow, and wide fissures began to open in the ice. "What is this?" His voice sounded coldly amused, though one who had known him over the centuries would have heard the latent anger in it. He was being driven out. By this boy? No...nor by himself. He had been woefully damaged, but he was not yet done fighting. He was not even, and even this pain was not enough to quench his thirst to feel. It was her then. The witch who had cast this web. She was drawing him out! His lip curled, just before his cloak flew as a black flash to his shoulders, and a vortex of ice and snow began whipping around him. In an instant, the Night Prince and his arena were gone, replaced only by the rolling fog.

Messages In This Thread