A Little Too Tough
[html]
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v606/ ... ls/Lin.jpg);background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;width:500px;background-color:#145895;text-align:left;font-family:georgia;font-size:1em;color:#aac5df;">
--
What used to be a house of cards Has turned into a reservoir

Jazper seemed to understand the plight that Jefferson had once endured, though the cyclops could safely assume the black male had never experienced the same. Jefferson straightened his shoulders and released a sigh, nodding as the boy apologized again for his adopted mother's behavior. It was a shame, too; they weren't even related by blood, truly, and thus Jefferson had no qualms about the black boy's existence. "It's no problem of yours. Besides, we're closing in on a year since then -- I think I've learned to manage the pack in that time." A smirk.

When Jazper moved on to mention Addison, however, the playfulness of the Patriarch quickly dissipated. "Addison? How would you have any relation to Addison? She is my adopted daughter; she grew up here in the Valley but moved to Dahlia not long ago. Why you of Crimson Dreams know of her, I can't assume." Considering the overprotective tendencies of the Patriarch, Jazper was met with a suddenly suspicious, one-eyed stare, demanding answers. Why would his daughter have connections to Deuce? ...And would that mean he'd need to be more careful about it? The last thing he wanted was to have Addi turn into another Deuce Rhiannon; or worse, run off and disappear with her as Lucifer and the woman's newborns had. He cleared his throat again, trying to settle himself. "She left here with a black male named Lucifer. Not the brightest or friendliest creature I've met. As far as I know, he didn't make it to Dahlia with her, so he's long gone." If Jazper didn't know of Lucifer, well, Jefferson would consider it a blessing. There was nothing worth knowing about him.

The leader's green eye watched as Jazper moved and surveyed the pack behind him; it was a peaceful and beautiful place even in the depths of winter. "I suppose you're right," he shrugged, gentler demeanor returning. "The world's full of loonies, but they all target us. Either way, they're making do. The pack is tightly knit; they work well with one another. I run a smart, well-rounded bunch... I'm proud to be their leader." He didn't say it often, but it was true: the smile on his face was genuine as he stared out at the land as pleasantly as the stranger.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread