And the meek shall inherit the earth
[html]

OOC: Sorry for the delay, guys! Anything that needs editing, please PM and I shall do it :3 SSWM - 451

Jedidiah had been thinking about the reply he wanted to receive. He had come to join the pack, that was for sure, but he would not ally himself with anyone if their views directly contradicted his own. He could follow Gabriel without joining, surely. He was about to make this point when another figure emerged from the darkness. He immediately stood to attention, taking in this new arrival. He was a big, tough hybrid and one with obvious standing in the pack, by the way the female responded to him. He seemed gruff, but not obviously bent on chasing the coyote away, so he relaxed somewhat. The more he stared, the more he felt he was in the presence of someone truly grand. Gabriel? His yellow eyes widened and his stance changed. He was humbled, for now Jedidiah knew who stood before him. Finally, God had shown him the way. Him, humble Jedidiah, was finally taken by God from a small dwelling in the midwest to the shores of California and now here, in the wilderness of the northern waste he had met the prophet of God. The one the coyotes had revered so. Gabriel. Gabriel.

The words were stuck in his throat. He didn't know what to say, how to say it, but he would try. It would be a failure to himself and to God not to. My name is Jedidiah. I was born far to the south of here and was raised to obey the Word of the Lord. My parents left when I was only a year old, but I remained. When I did leave to search for them, I headed west and soon, word of Gabriel and his deeds reached my ears. The coyotes there told me of a war against the wolves. They told me of a great fire, as if sent from above to cull the land. They also said that Gabriel was one who walked with God, one touched by His Infinite Grace. Here Jedidiah paused for a moment, then continued. The Lord wants me to follow in Gabriel's wake. I do not see why I should have met that pack otherwise. I came here to meet and join the one they so admired. As I told the fine lady there, I am ready to put down my life and limb to serve Gabriel. For it is as the Lord intended. The young coyote was sure of his faith. He was sure that God wanted him to be here. And if this were indeed Gabriel, he would follow without question and be glad to be worthy of such service. Both to a leader and to the Lord.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread