A simple request
[html]
http://i187.photobucket.com/albums/x242 ... uetree.png); background-color:#000000; background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; text-align:justify;">
OOC: ©table code and image to jacoby: *tries to figure out where this flood came from*
Word count: 700. Worth 7 points SSWM

Hanna did as she had been bade, entering Dawali's establishment quickly and shutting the door. She was careful not to slam it, unsure it would stay together if it encountered too strong a force, and she did the clasp back, as well, both to signal to him that this was a relatively private situation, as well as to keep the door closed tightly and return it to the state it had been in before her arrival there. Turning from the portal in, she beamed at the Kalona, taking the proffered seat across from him. She did her best not to wobble as she figured out where it was uneven, and then, perched there, removed Désirée from her sling, though she kept her loosely wrapped against the cold.

The pup waved her little paws nonchalantly at Dawali, a grin and a burble at her lips. She was such a happy baby. And she was growing up so fast! Hanna sat the girl on the table where she wiggled and giggled and played. Once she was sure Desi was not going to make a break for the edge of the table, she started small talking. She had not truly talked to the tribe leader since merely a few days before her daughter's birth, at the ceremony, though she had interacted with him when they christened the baby just three days after she was born. Hanna had not been sure about that, allowing the baby to be sprinkled with icy water so soon after birth. Desi had seemed so fragile; her mother had been nearly certain that she would catch a cold or some such from it, though the child had ended up being fine, her mother's fears allayed. It was for that reason she had opted to not hold a feast. It was winter anyway, and while the tribe had stored food aplenty for the winter, she did not want to be the cause for an inordinate amount to disappear.

Several questions of little importance passed Hanna's lips. She queried on Dawali's good health; whether there had been any major goings on that he knew about that perhaps she would not have; the weather. Keeping the topic in a safe zone. Eventually though, the medic knew it was time for her to come around to the reason why she had come to visit Dawali in the first place. Her face growing somewhat serious, Hanna paused, framing the way she wanted to ask her favor in her mind. After a couple of seconds, her voice sounded. "Dawali.. It's been several months since I visited my family in Dahlia de Mai. I had been putting off travel until I was sure Désirée would do well with the trip, and I am nearly positive that she has reached that milestone." She cooed at the baby, who had looked up at the mention of her name. "If all goes well, I will be gone only three or four months, time to visit with family and friends, and to train my nephew Conor to heal, as Dahlia de Mai has been without an Herbalist for some time now. He is a bright boy, and I have no doubts that he will pick up on it quickly." She knew she did not have to mention if things went ill.

Rubbing her hand along one of the trio of scars, the woman went on. "Haku... is not fond of trespassers, and if I go merely as a visitor, I am subject to severe scrutiny and constant babysitting, which does not suit me. I know it is fair, but I want to avoid it. I think Cercelee will allow me to join the pack temporarily, take care of business, and leave with no problems once it is done. But I wanted to ask your permission to go before I took off. I also wanted to request use of Galilahi, and perhaps the borrowing of a couple herbs that I'm running low on before I got too presumptuous." When she finished, having spoken a veritable speech, Hanna knitted her fingers together, laying her hands on the table and watching her blue merle daughter play atop the table.

Speak, think, act

[/html]

Messages In This Thread