Your land, My land, Our land
[html]

Word Count: 555

In Character

The idea of brotherly affection to Gabriel went only as far as a rough housing session. He had never been very touchy feely with any of his siblings, and had Cotl or his brother displayed such things around him (as they had at the meeting) it would seem very peculiar. Still, he was pleased to see the boy greet him with respect. Quite quickly the boy placed his book on the ground, and Gabriel shifted his body in order to be able to study what he was seeing. Marik, as his name was, spoke quickly and with the intent of explaining his idea—placing traps around the borders with the intent to kill. They certainly looked horrible—metal jaws and sharp points that would draw blood, and if triggered correctly, take lives without concern for who they were. While Gabriel certainly would be thrilled to find one of Haku’s soldiers, or Haku himself, caught in such a thing, he wondered what the repercussions would be if they accidentally killed one of their own, or worse, someone who made the mistake of crossing their borders without ill intent.

Still, there was no time for weakness in war, and his eyes narrowed sharply as he considered this. While Marik paused for a moment, his speech continued quickly, bringing up the Mansion. At this, Gabriel lifted his head, wondering just how new the boy really was. Anselm had been working for what seemed like weeks gathering his supplies, and now here came a stranger with the same idea for healing. The further suggestions for food supplies was something Gabriel had not considered, but as he thought over the idea, the militaristic gears in his mind rushed to work. Once the boy finished, the Aquila settled his weight and sunk onto his haunches, realizing they might need to talk the situation out further. “I don’t like the idea of raising food,” he said honestly, voice flat. “It leaves the possibility for sabotage wide open, and I think its best everyone hunt to keep their skills up.” Fat, lazy coyotes would do him no good. “We haven’t starved yet and I don’t think we will anytime soon. If the deer and rabbits get scarce, there’s goats up on the mountain. They’re tough little bastards, but there’s a lot of them, and the wolves don’t ever go up there.”

Gabriel himself rarely chased the goats, his shoulder unwilling to deal with the constant drops that came with trying to chase one of the horned beasts up and down the slopes. “My cousin, Anselm, he’s working on a greenhouse now actually. That’s his deal, so if you want to assist with it, he’s the person to talk to. He’s not hard to find; big guy, looks kind of like a wolf, and has some tattoos. I’m sure he’d welcome some more help with the project.” The more people who got involved meant the faster it would get done, something that Gabriel hoped would rush their production along. Though it would take time for healing herbs to grow, it would be better to have something started as opposed to nothing.

Of course, what Gabriel was interested in was the first topic of discussion. “Those traps though,” he said, motioning back to the book. “Do you know how they work? You could build them?”

<style>
.gabe-believe p {padding:0px 10px 10px 10px; margin:0px; text-indent:30px;}
.gabe-believe b {color:#F2AF22;}
.gabe-separator {font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:12px; font-weight:bold; border-bottom:1px dotted #F2AF22; text-align:right; margin:0px 0px 2px 0px; color:#9F6809; padding-right:10px;}
.gabe-ooc {font-family:arial, sans-serif; font-size:11px; letter-spacing:-.2px; }
.gabe-believe {background-color:#A38D5E; padding:10px 0px 300px 0px; border:1px solid #000000; background-image:url(http://sleepyglow.net/souls/gifts/gabe2.jpg); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#000000; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:1px; line-height:14px; width:332px; text-align:justify; }
</style>
table by sie
[/html]

Messages In This Thread