on a need to know
Firefly felt like she didn’t belong here and in some ways she knew she didn’t. She needed to be back home resting but she had waited too long as it was to speak to Ayita about this matter and she wasn’t going to let it escape a moment longer. She glanced towards Ayita as she decided that they could speak inside. Firefly only nodded and followed the other woman, knowing that she’d already started this and she couldn’t leave it unfinished.

She could tell by her sense of smell where the puppies were and her eyes glanced towards their room as she followed Ayita. Her eyes jerked back as the woman questioned her. Firefly shook her head as she tried to answer. ”Honestly, no. I’m not ok, but there’s nothing that can be done for me now.” There was no way that Ayita could bring back her children and there was no way that Firefly could get to Inferni to speak to Anselm like she needed, at least not for a while. She took her gaze off Ayita when she looked at her and cast her eyes upon the floor as they entered the room.

She settled herself on the floor, her body aching oto much to shift to her optime form and she didn’t need to reopen all her wounds. She raised her eyes back when Ayita spoke of cleaning her up and Firefly just shook her head and frowned slightly. ”They’ve already been tended, they’ve just cracked open from me moving. I’m supposed to be resting.” she didn’t think there was any reason to rest, her puppies had died and she would heal in time. Better it take longer and she remember what she’d caused then heal swiftly and it be forgotten so quickly, not that she believed she could forget what had been lost.

She lowered her gaze again and admitted. ”It’s best you don’t know what happened to me Ayita.. you wouldn’t like the truth.” she left it at that. She knew she needed friends in the pack but she didn’t want to start now, not yet. She’d come here about Amaranth and she was going to keep it to that. She lifted her head and turned her face towards the doorway as she spoke on the subject. ”Amaranth visited me a few weeks ago and she said something funny when I invited her up to come chat. When I pressed her further she told me about when she was attacked. Then she described the beast who did it.” Firefly’s eyes sparkled as she turned back to Ayita, anger raging in those orbs as she asked. ”You didn’t know who it was? You didn’t ask around to see if you could find answers?” she wanted to believe that Ayita had tried, and maybe she had, perhaps she’d asked the wrong people or Amaranth hadn’t told her what Firefly knew.. but Firefly hated knowing the truth, especially right now.

Messages In This Thread