Grave of the Sunflowers
[html]
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v368/ ... wtable.png); background-position: top-center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">
Fooshillie >[

Strelein licked at the air to try to catch a snowflake or two, watching with curiosity how Daisuke was shaking his head. The redhead looked rather confused as to why the male was doing that, so violently to boot. He was about to ask, actually, when he noticed the small objects fall from his hair back to the ground. Oh! So the blond was just trying to groom out his mane without using his hands. Strelein chuckled at him, hand going up to his lips to guard his laughter from the other male's view. Needless to say, it was hard to block a laugh with only a hand so it was very doubtful that Daisuke did not hear the sound, unless his head was spinning too fast. "Careful, don't want to loose your head," warned the redhead, snickering slightly at his own lame word play. What was up with him and his bad jokes today? Normally he made far less many of them and was simply more charming than this. Maybe it was the weather changing from fall to winter that did this to him. Perhaps if the winter simply wore on for far longer, his much more cohesive side would take over once again, and there would be less stupid jokes and puns that were not all funny. That was probably why Strelein was not a writer, nor would he ever become one, not being able to read and spell aside. "I'm sorry, I'm really bad today," he laughed at himself, giving himself a dark look, as though that were possible.

"Oh I haven't played with anyone either, since human things were very much so forbidden in my old home," he added nonchalantly, not really caring if anyone knew about his old pack and their rigidly conservative ways. That was probably why his lupine form was such a hassle to be in; it gave him bad, angry feelings and that was not something Strelein von Rosnete cared to have. Giving a look of surprise, having usually encountered people who either knew what a lute looked like or did not care to find out or that saw him carrying it on his back. The redhead lifted his arms and with his two index fingers he drew a general outline of the instrument in the air. "Well, it's like a guitar, I guess. But it's neck is shorter, like a lot shorter. It's body is more of a pear shape than a...uhm... gourd shape." The Cour des Miracles male paused, tapping his finger against his chin in thought. He tried to remember the last guitar he saw and compared it to the instrument sitting in his room leaning against the wall. "I know my lute's color is a bit different from any other guitar I've seen, but I suppose that's just a manufacturing thing, not a difference between the two instruments. It's also got more strings than a guitar, and the pitch is a bit higher. I dunno, I learned to play it by just going in swinging," he finished with a shrug, balancing himself on his palms before his crossed legs.

Grinning rather proudly, the redhead eyed the blond. "Oh I do, I have a very bloated ego, but I try not to show it with new people. Don't want to seem egotistical, you see." He waggled his finger in the other's direction. "Why would I want to go around saying I'm a godly beast at sewing?" Rolling his eyes and leaning back up, body far less stiff now, Strel crossed his arms in a sort of defiant move. He somehow always managed to steer conversation towards sewing and clothes, what a freak. "As queer as I am, I'm not about to admit to something that'll make me seem superbly more queer."

Though Daisuke certainly did not say anything bar complimenting the fact that the redhead could sew and make clothes. He nodded once more, noticing indeed that the blond was not wearing pants, not like Strel was. "I can fix that for you, if you want to, you know, actually wear them." He was, indeed, suggesting to help the boy. His skills were starting to feel truly viable. As though people actually did need him for something, albeit not life threatening or of terribly major consequence. Well, his own idea about his skills would certainly blow the neccessity of it far out of proportion, but not so much as to say that it was important to existence. Maybe it was a key player in the meaning of his own life, but not of everyone else's. Strel could safely say that he was more useful on a far more shallow level than some other jobs like the Apothecary or the Knight. They had more important jobs than the one he craved. Strel wanted to be the one job that was the only suited for him, apart from Bard, but that was already taken by Ruri, and she certainly deserved it more than he did.

If there was something behind the male, Strel would have leaned back against it with his arms behind his head. As it were, there was nothing there to do so. So the redhead chose to rest back a bit on his arms instead, looking quite content with his lot in life. "I hear you. I was raised in a pack that was so ultra conservative that I had to secretly go off to find human things and fear beatings later if I was found out. Death maybe if it got too often, but banishment more likely. I left before I would let that happen. Leaving with honor and dignity intact was a better deal than leaving with growling pack mates raising their hackles at you as you slink away with you tail between your legs," he growled a bit, looking rather annoyed by the mention of his old home. Strel let his face brighten again, turning it to grin at Daisuke. "What was your home like? Who'd you live there with?"
[/html]

Messages In This Thread