Setting off...don't expect to see this place again
Yeah, seems like a good place. :3 Whew! This thread flew by!

WC: 316

[html]

Soon enough, their conversation concluded with a quiet thank you from Jantus. Tayui wondered how such a long and penetrating discussion could end so suddenly. However, as she looked around, she noticed the skies were starting to darken. Perhaps they had been talking for longer than she'd thought. Certainly, all of the stories Jantus had told her went back years in time, so Tayui supposed it would have taken a while to explain all of them. Unlike Jantus, Tayui had little to share, which she held as a regret; however, she contributed the best she could, and for this, she was pleased. After all, that was the best thing she could hope for.

“Thank you, too, Jantus. I feel as though you've told me far more than I've told you,” she acknowledged with a quiet chuckle. Of course, Tayui's smile quieted down as Jantus ruminated on Skoll's past, leaving the AniWayan woman to wonder what this grave mistake could have been. She suspected Skoll would have held onto any mistake he'd made for years; she just hoped he had not taken it to the grave with him. Tayui liked to think that once he'd died, he had absolved himself of his regrets to rest in peace. Jantus spoke again, this time referencing Skoll's children. Tayui's expression brightened considerably at the mention, excited to meet Skoll and Asphyxia's brood.

“I'd love to, Jantus! Just lead the way,” she replied cheerfully. It would be interesting to meet Skoll's children. Tayui wondered what their lives could have been, growing up in Snow-capped Pine. It would have certainly been a different life from the one in Jaded Shadows; that was for certain. Tayui had never known war or battle like Skoll had, so she wondered if it would be any different for his kids. She could only hope they were living a good life with joy to accompany their hardships.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread